FAQs > MSDE Manager
Having trouble buying MSDE Manager? Then buy it online here.
- I've installed MSDE from the Office 2000 disk. Which version do I need?
- Does MSDE Manager connect to both local and remote SQL/MSDE instances?
- I'm a developer and want to distribute MSDE Manager with my own applications. Is this possible?
- How do I backup a database and how do I schedule a backup?
- Do you have any articles about MSDE or SQL Server?
If you have installed your instance of MSDE from the Office 2000 disk then you will need to choose MSDE Manager '97 during the installation as the MSDE version that was shipped on the Office 2000 disks was MSDE '97.
If you have Office 2000 on your system but have installed MSDE 2000 from another source then choose MSDE Manager 2000.
Yes. The local instance will be listed in the dropdown box. MSDE Manager can also connect to remote servers. Just type the address straight into the server box. You can type in the IP Address or the host name.
Yes. If you intend to deploy over 10 licences per annum of MSDE Manager we can do a number of things for you like preferential pricing, own branding etc. Email us at email@example.com with your expected number of installations for more details. We also have a version that uses a silent installation routine for you to include with your own setup file, we will also advise you of the registry keys to check. You can also bulk buy 10 licences for a special price here.
Simply follow the instructions contained in this online presentation.
Yes, please click here.